What is a Discovery Group?
This is a “discovery method” in which participants are led to study directly from God’s word and find their own answers. So nobody is lectured or taught. We just ask questions. Self-discovery is key.
3 Easy Steps:
- Pick a Scripture Set
- Read the passages at least twice from two different Bible translations.
- Go through discovery questions.
Questions for Discovery Groups for Households of Peace.
(who do not yet know Jesus)
- What are you thankful for?
- What's a challenge / stressor for you right now? How about your family, friends, and neighbors?
Accountability (2nd meeting on)
- With whom did you share what you learned last week?
- Who did you invite to discover what the bible has to say with you?
Read a Scripture Set / Bible Story several times, then have everyone re-tell the story in their own words. Then together answer the following questions;
- What does this teach us about God?
- What does this teach us about ourselves / other people?
- Create a "by God's grace I will..." statement to apply / obey?
- Who are you going to share or tell what you learned today?