What Dose It Mean To Love The Lord?
Short Text Here
Connecting With God
Someone pray for God to be with you and guide you through the meeting.
Confirming Cgroup Values
Committed: We are committed to loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving others like He loves us.
Confidential: We value and trust each other, so we share openly and honestly with each other and what is shared in the group stays in the group.
Changing: We are growing to be more like Jesus, obeying His commands and filled with His Spirit.
Christ-Centered: In Jesus, we find God’s presence to guide us, His grace to forgive us, and His power to change us.
AcCountable: We encourage each other, help each other and expect each other to love and live like Jesus.
Connected: We meet every week, pray for each other every day, and share our lives as we obey and follow Jesus together.
Capable: By His Holy Spirit, God gives us the love and power we need to obey and follow Jesus.
Commissioned: We are all commissioned by Jesus to make disciples, so we are all committed to starting new cgroups for others who are ready to follow Jesus.
Consistent: We consistently follow this guide because it is based on God’s word and it helps equip each member to lead cgroups and to make disciples.
Connecting Through Scripture
Someone pray for God to speak through His word. Then someone read the following passages about the gifts God has to give.
Matthew 22 37-40
37 Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
Watch this weeks lesson from Pastor Jeff Dunn on what it means to “Love God”
How can all of scripture hang on just two commands?
How does this truth impact your understanding of how to grow as a follower of Christ?
How can I love God with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength?
Caring For Unconnected Friends
Caring for unconnected friends (P.A.L.S.)
Take turns reading the simple steps for reaching out to unconnected friends (PALS).
- PRAY: We pray because we love them.
- ASK: We ask questions because we care.
- LISTEN: We listen to understand them.
- SHARE: We share what Jesus has done in our lives and what He can do in theirs.
Each member answer one or more of the following questions:
- Who would you like the group to join you in praying for this week?
- What question do you need to ask an unconnected friend to show that you care?
- How have you grown in your love for an unconnected friend as you have listened to them and the Holy Spirit this week?
- Who do you need to share the gospel or your testimony with this week?
- Is there and unconnected friend you need to invite to a community group?
- Do you need to start a new Cgroup for someone who is ready to follow Jesus?
Connect Through Sharing
Let each person choose and answer one Confession Question and one Celebration Question. (Please be concise so everyone has time to share.)
Share your confessions
- What has been your greatest challenge or temptation recently?
- What intentional or unintentional sins do you need to confess?
- What doubts or questions do you have?
- Is there something you need to share even though you would rather not?
Share your celebrations
- What has God done that you want to praise and thank Him for?
- When did God give you victory over a temptation?
- When were you obedient to God, and how did it turn out?
- How have you seen God at work in your life?
Commitment To Life Change
• Based on what God has shown me today, what am I going to start, stop or continue doing this week?
• committing to a Daily Bible Reading Plan (see Daily Readings in the Christ United app or christislove.org/daily-devotions)