Loving The Least
Connecting With God
Someone pray for God to be with you and guide you through the meeting.
Confirming The Cgroup Values
ABOUT 3 MIN
Committed: We are committed to loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving others like He loves us.
Confidential: We value and trust each other, so we share openly and honestly with each other and what is shared in the group stays in the group.
Changing: We are growing to be more like Jesus, obeying His commands and filled with His Spirit.
Christ-Centered: In Jesus, we find God’s presence to guide us, His grace to forgive us, and His power to change us.
AcCountable: We encourage each other, help each other and expect each other to love and live like Jesus.
Connected: We meet every week, pray for each other every day, and share our lives as we obey and follow Jesus together.
Capable: By His Holy Spirit, God gives us the love and power we need to obey and follow Jesus.
Commissioned: We are all commissioned by Jesus to make disciples, so we are all committed to starting new cgroups for others who are ready to follow Jesus.
Consistent: We consistently follow this guide because it is based on God’s word and it helps equip each member to lead cgroups and to make disciples.
Connecting Through Scripture (About 20 min)
(About 20 min)
Review the scripture memory from last week Matthew 25:40
Your scripture for this week is Joshua 1:8
Someone pray for God to speak through His word. Then someone read the following passages about the gifts God has to give.
Joshua 1: 1-9
1After the death of Moses the servant of the Lord, the Lordsaid to Joshua son of Nun, Moses’ aide: 2“Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them—to the Israelites. 3I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. 4Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Mediterranean Sea in the west. 5No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. 6Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
7“Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lordyour God will be with you wherever you go.”
1.On a scale of 1-10 (1 being very low and 10 being very high) What level of importance has scripture memory had in your life. Explain why it was low, medium or of high importance.
2.How do you think scripture memory will benefit your relationships with God, spouse, family or friends?
3.Describe a time where a scripture has helped you in the moment or tell about a time you wish you would’ve had a scripture memorized.
4.What is your current assessment of the importance of loving learning through scripture memory?
Caring For Unconnected Friends
(about 5 mins)
Caring for unconnected friends (P.A.L.S.)
Take turns reading the simple steps for reaching out to unconnected friends (PALS).
- PRAY: We pray because we love them.
- ASK: We ask questions because we care.
- LISTEN: We listen to understand them.
- SHARE: We share what Jesus has done in our lives and what He can do in theirs.
Each member answer one or more of the following questions:
- Who would you like the group to join you in praying for this week?
- What question do you need to ask an unconnected friend to show that you care?
- How have you grown in your love for an unconnected friend as you have listened to them and the Holy Spirit this week?
- Who do you need to share the gospel or your testimony with this week?
- Is there an unconnected friend you need to invite to a community group?
- Do you need to start a new Cgroup for someone who is ready to follow Jesus?
Connecting Through Sharing
(About 10 min)
Let each person choose and answer one Confession Question and one Celebration Question. (Please be concise so everyone has time to share.)
Share your confessions
- What has been your greatest challenge or temptation recently?
- What intentional or unintentional sins do you need to confess?
- What doubts or questions do you have?
- Have you communicated or connected with someone this week in a way that was tempting or inappropriate?
- Have you watched, read or listened to anything this week that could be considered pornographic or inappropriate?
- Is there something God is telling you to share even though you would rather not?
Share your celebrations
- What has God done that you want to praise and thank Him for?
- When did God give you victory over a temptation?
- When were you obedient to God, and how did it turn out?
- How have you seen God at work in your life?
Commitment To Life Change
(about 5 mins)
• Based on what God has shown me today, what am I going to start, stop or continue doing this week?
• committing to a Daily Bible Reading Plan (see Daily Readings in the Christ United app or christislove.org/daily-devotions)
Accountability And Connection
(about 5 mins)
• How are we going to connect to encourage each other during the week?
• When are we going to connect for worship and the word this week?
• When are we connecting to serve together this month?
• When are we connecting again for fun and fellowship?
• Who missed this cgroup meeting? Who is going to reach out to them?