Creating Christ Followers
Two to six people learning to live like Jesus together
Checking in – about 2 Min.
Confirming Cgroup values – about 3 Min.
Pray. Open your meeting by asking God to help guide you and then take turns reading through the cgroup values.
We are …
- Committed: We are committed to loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving each other like He loves us.
- Confidential: We value and trust each other, and what is shared in the group stays in the group.
- Changing: We are growing to be more like Jesus, obeying His commands and filled with His Spirit.
- Christ-Centered: In Jesus, we find God’s presence to guide us, His grace to forgive us, and His power to change us.
- AcCountable: We spur each other on toward love and good deeds.
- Connected: We meet every week, pray for each other every day and look for ways to obey and follow Jesus together.
- Creating new cgroups: We are all committed to starting new cgroups for unconnected friends.
- Consistent: We consistently follow this guide because it is based on God’s word and the guide helps each member to learn how to lead.
Connect Through Scripture – about 20 Min.
(For the sermon based guide visit Christ United Mobile App or christislove.org. The scripture based guide is provided below.)
In Sunday’s sermon we learned that being “cut to the heart” is, for many people, the experience that leads to the transformation of their lives.
Someone pray for God to speak through His word.
Someone read the following passage.
Acts 2:36–41 (NIV)
36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.” 37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” 38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.” 40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
- Someone pray for God to bless and guide your discussion.
- Share observations and questions regarding the passage or answer some of the questions below.
- What does it mean to be “cut to the heart”?
- Why were these people “cut to the heart”?
- Have you ever been “cut to the heart”?
- What were they told to do?
- What does it mean to repent?
- Have you ever repented in the way that they did?
- Why were they told to be baptized?
- Have you ever been baptized?
- Why is it significant that they were told they would receive the gift of the Holy Spirit?
- Have you received the gift of the Holy Spirit?
Caring for Unconnected Friends – about 5 Min.
- Let everyone name their unconnected friends and then one person can pray for them all.
- Unconnected friends may be friends who are not yet Christians or Christian friends who are not actively engaged in growing as a disciple.
- Who feels led to share the gospel with an unconnected friend?
- See Sharing the Gospel on the home page of the Christ United app.
- Does anyone have someone you would like to invite to the group?
- Have no more than six in a group. If you have six and God puts someone on your heart, He may be leading you to start a new cgroup.
- Who is feels led to begin a new cgroup for your unconnected friends?
- How can we help you get started?
- How have you seen God at work in the life of a Unconnected Friend?
Connect Through Sharing – about 20 Min.
Let each person choose and answer one Confession question and one Celebration question from below. (Please be concise so that everyone has time to share.)
Share your Confessions (Choose One)
- What has been your greatest challenge or temptation recently?
- What intentional or unintentional sins do you need to confess?
- What doubts or questions do you have?
- Is there something you need to share even though you would rather not?
Share your Celebrations (Choose One)
- What has God done that you want to praise and thank Him for?
- When did God give you victory over a temptation?
- When were you obedient to God, and how did it turn out?
- How have you seen God at work in your life?
Commitment to Life Change – about 5 Min.
- Based on what God has shown me today, what am I going to start, stop or continue doing this week?
- Consider committing to a Daily Bible Reading Plan (see Daily Readings in the Christ United app, youversion.com or biblegateway.com)
AcCountability and Connection – about 5 Min.
How are we going to connect this week to help each other live out our commitments to follow Christ?
- When are we connecting to hear the word and worship together this week?
- What is our plan to serve together this month?
Who missed this cgroup meeting? Who is going to reach out and let them know that they were missed?
Who is feeling led to begin a new cgroup for your unconnected friends? How can we help you get started?