Christ Followers Folling Christ Together
(2 to 6 people learning to love and live like Jesus together)
Connecting With God
Someone pray for God to be with you and guide you through the meeting.
Confirming The Cgroup Values – about 3 Min.
Take turns reading through the cgroup values.
Committed: We are committed to loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving each other like He loves us.
Confidential: We value and trust each other, and what is shared in the group stays in the group.
Changing: We are growing to be more like Jesus, obeying His commands and filled with His Spirit.
Christ-Centered: In Jesus, we find God’s presence to guide us, His grace to forgive us, and His power to change us.
AcCountable: We encourage and equip each other to love and live like Jesus.
Connected: We meet every week, pray for each other every day and look for ways to obey and follow Jesus together.
Capable: By His Holy Spirit, God gives us the love and power we need to obey and follow Jesus.
Commissioned: We are all commissioned by Jesus to make disciples, so we are all committed to starting new cgroups for unconnected friends.
Consistent: We consistently follow this guide because it is based on God’s word and it helps equip each member to lead cgroups and to make disciples.
connect through scripture – about 20 Min.
Someone pray for God to speak through His word.
Someone read the following:
Romans 12:9–21 (NIV)
9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Someone pray for God to guide the discussion.
- How is God speaking to you through this passage as you think about all that is happening in our nation?
- How is God speaking to you through this passage as you think about the Church and our relationships with each other in the body of Christ?
- How is God speaking to you though this passage as you think about your personal relationships with family, friends, neighbors, co-workers and others?
caring for unconnected friends (P.A.L.S.) – about 5 Min.
(Visit christislove.org/PALS for teaching on P.A.L.S.)
Each member answer one or more of the following questions:
- PRAY: We pray because we love them. Who would you like the group to join you in praying for this week?
- ASK: We ask questions because we care. What question do you need to ask an unconnected friend to show that you care?
- LISTEN: We listen to understand them. How have you grown in you’re love for an unconnected friend as you have listened to them and the Holy Spirit this week?
- SHARE: We share what Jesus has done in our lives and what He can do in theirs. Who do you need to share with or invite to the group or start a new group for?
connect through sharing – about 20 Min.
Let each person choose and answer one Confession Question and one Celebration Question. (Please be concise so everyone has time to share.)
Share your confessions
- What has been your greatest challenge or temptation recently?
- What intentional or unintentional sins do you need to confess?
- What doubts or questions do you have?
- Is there something you need to share even though you would rather not?
Share your celebrations
- What has God done that you want to praise and thank Him for?
- When did God give you victory over a temptation?
- When were you obedient to God, and how did it turn out?
- How have you seen God at work in your life?
commitment to life change – about 5 Min.
• Based on what God has shown me today, what am I going to start, stop or continue doing this week?
• Consider committing to a Daily Bible Reading Plan (see Daily Readings in the Christ United app or christislove.org/daily-devotions)
accountability and connection – about 5 Min.
• How are we going to connect to encourage each other during the week?
• When are we going to connect for worship and the word this week?
• When are we connecting to serve together this month?
• When are we connecting again for fun and fellowship?
• Who missed this cgroup meeting? Who is going to reach out to them?