Creating Christ Followers
Three to four people learning to live like Jesus together
Checking in – about 2 Min.
Every person counts. Check in on the Christ United app or have someone do it for you.
Confirming cgroup values – about 3 Min.
Pray. Open your meeting by asking God to help guide you and then take turns reading through the cgroup values.
We are …
- Committed: We are committed to loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving each other like He loves us.
- Confidential: We value and trust each other, and what is shared in the group stays in the group.
- Changing: We are growing to be more like Jesus, obeying His commands and filled with His Spirit.
- Christ-Centered: In Jesus, we find God’s presence to guide us, His grace to forgive us, and His power to change us.
- AcCountable: We spur each other on toward love and good deeds.
- Connected: We meet every week, pray for each other every day and look for ways to obey and follow Jesus together.
- Creating new cgroups: We are all committed to starting new cgroups for unconnected friends.
- Consistent: We consistently follow this guide because it is based on God’s word and the guide works!
Connect Through Sharing – about 20 Min.
Let each person choose and answer one Confession question and one Celebration question from below.
(Please be concise so that everyone has time to share.)
18 (Choose One)
- How have you seen God at work in your life?
- What has God done that you want to praise and thank Him for?
- When did God give you victory over a temptation?
- When were you obedient to God, and how did it turn out?
Confession Questions (Choose One)
- What has been your greatest challenge recently?
- How have you fallen short this week, whether you meant to or not?
- What doubts or questions do you have?
- Is there something you need to share even though you would rather not?
Caring for Unconnected Friends – about 5 Min.
- Let everyone name their unconnected friends and then one person can pray for them all.
- Unconnected friends may be friends who are not yet Christians or Christian friends who are not yet in a cgroup.
- Who feels led to share the gospel with an unconnected friend?
- See Sharing the Gospel on the home page of the Christ United app.
- Does anyone have someone you would like to invite to the group?
- Have no more than four in a group. If you have four and God puts someone on your heart, He may be leading you to start a new cgroup.
- Who is feeling led to begin a new cgroup for your unconnected friends?
- How can we help you get started?
Connect Through Scripture – about 20 Min
(For the sermon based guide visit Christ United Mobile App or christislove.org. The scripture based guide is provided below.)
Someone pray for God to speak through His word.
Someone read the following passage.
Acts 5:27–42 (NIV)
27 The apostles were brought in and made to appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 28 “We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name,” he said. “Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man’s blood.” 29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings! 30 The God of our ancestors raised Jesus from the dead—whom you killed by hanging him on a cross. 31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.” 33 When they heard this, they were furious and wanted to put them to death. 34 But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law, who was honored by all the people, stood up in the Sanhedrin and ordered that the men be put outside for a little while. 35 Then he addressed the Sanhedrin: “Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” 40 His speech persuaded them. They called the apostles in and had them flogged. Then they ordered them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. 41 The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name. 42 Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.
Someone pray for God to bless and guide your discussion.
Share observations and questions regarding the passage or follow the discussion starters below.
- Tell about a time when you experienced persecution or disgrace because of speaking out for Jesus; or tell about a time when you avoided speaking out because you were afraid of being rejected or embarrassed.
- How does the persecution or disgrace we experience in the United States compare to believers around the world? How does that make you feel?
- What would have to change in the way you live in order to make you worthy of suffering disgrace for the name of Jesus?
- What could your group do together that would put you in a place that you might leave rejoicing that you were counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the name of Jesus?
Commitment to Life Change – about 5 Min.
Based on what God has shown me today, what am I going to start, stop or continue doing this week?
Consider committing to a Daily Bible Reading Plan
- see Daily Reading in the Christ United app, youversion.com or biblegateway.com
AcCountability and Connection – about 5 Min.
How are we going to connect this week to help each other live out our commitments to follow Christ?
- Consider ideas like daily phone calls for accountability, attending worship together, joining a ministry or Bible study together, doing an outreach project together or planning a missions trip together.
Who missed this cgroup meeting? Who is going to reach out and let them know that they were missed?