Creating Christ Followers
Three to four people learning to live like Jesus together
Checking in – about 2 Min.
Every person counts. Check in on the Christ United app or have someone do it for you.
Confirming cgroup values – about 3 Min.
Pray. Open your meeting by asking God to help guide you and then take turns reading through the cgroup values.
We are …
- Committed: We are committed to loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving each other like He loves us.
- Confidential: We value and trust each other, and what is shared in the group stays in the group.
- Changing: We are growing to be more like Jesus, obeying His commands and filled with His Spirit.
- Christ-Centered: In Jesus, we find God’s presence to guide us, His grace to forgive us, and His power to change us.
- AcCountable: We spur each other on toward love and good deeds.
- Connected: We meet every week, pray for each other every day and look for ways to obey and follow Jesus together.
- Creating new cgroups: We are all committed to starting new cgroups for unconnected friends.
- Consistent: We consistently follow this guide because it is based on God’s word and the guide works!
Connect Through Sharing – about 20 Min.
Let each person choose and answer one Confession question and one Celebration question from below. (Please be concise so that everyone has time to share.)
Celebration Questions (Choose One)
- How have you seen God at work in your life?
- What has God done that you want to praise and thank Him for?
- When did God give you victory over a temptation?
- When were you obedient to God, and how did it turn out?
Confession Questions (Choose One)
- What has been your greatest challenge recently?
- How have you fallen short this week, whether you meant to or not?
- What doubts or questions do you have?
- Is there something you need to share even though you would rather not?
Caring for Unconnected Friends – about 5 Min.
- Let everyone name their unconnected friends and then one person can pray for them all.
- Unconnected friends may be friends who are not yet Christians or Christian friends who are not yet in a cgroup.
- Who feels led to share the gospel with an unconnected friend?
- See Sharing the Gospel on the home page of the Christ United app.
- Does anyone have someone you would like to invite to the group?
- Have no more than four in a group. If you have four and God puts someone on your heart, He may be leading you to start a new cgroup.
- Who is feeling led to begin a new cgroup for your unconnected friends?
- How can we help you get started?
Connect Through Scripture – about 20 Min
(For the sermon based guide visit Christ United Mobile App or christislove.org. The scripture based guide is provided below.)
Someone pray for God to speak through His word.
In this week’s message we heard what could very well be the most outrageous story in the Bible. The story covers chapters 19, 20 and 21 in the book of Judges, which I do encourage you to read. To summarize briefly, everyone did what they wanted to do, what they thought was the right thing to do without the direction or authority from God. The story starts and stops with the same thought which is that Israel had no king, no moral authority and when they lived doing what they wanted, when they wanted it, with who they wanted, it eventually led to chaos and disaster. Someone pray as we dive into God’s Word.
Judges 21 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
25 In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.
Someone pray for God to bless and guide your discussion.
- Do you ever daydream about a life in which you don’t have to answer to anyone – your boss, your parents, your spouse, the IRS? What is the attraction of that kind of fantasy?
- As you look around the cultural landscape, what consequences do you see of people doing what they want, when they want, with who they want?
- Consider the story in Judges 19-21. How is it that circumstances spun out of control even though everyone in the story did what they thought was right? (If someone in the group hasn’t heard the message yet, please recap some of the craziness of Judges chapters 19, 20 and 21.)
- Is there anything that caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
- When have you seen or experienced bad consequences from people doing what they thought is right?
- Think about a time in your life when you chose to do what was right in your own eyes. In what ways did it hurt you, the people with you, the people who care about you, or the people coming after you?
Commitment to Life Change – about 5 Min.
Based on what God has shown me today, what am I going to start, stop or continue doing this week?
Consider committing to a Daily Bible Reading Plan
- see Daily Reading in the Christ United app, youversion.com or biblegateway.com
AcCountability and Connection – about 5 Min.
How are we going to connect this week to help each other live out our commitments to follow Christ?
- Consider ideas like daily phone calls for accountability, attending worship together, joining a ministry or Bible study together, doing an outreach project together or planning a missions trip together.
Who missed this cgroup meeting? Who is going to reach out and let them know that they were missed?