Creating Christ Followers
Three to four people learning to live like Jesus together
Checking in – about 2 Min.
Every person counts. Check in on the Christ United app or have someone do it for you.
Confirming cgroup values – about 3 Min.
Pray. Open your meeting by asking God to help guide you and then take turns reading through the cgroup values.
We are …
- Committed: We are committed to loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving each other like He loves us.
- Confidential: We value and trust each other, and what is shared in the group stays in the group.
- Changing: We are growing to be more like Jesus, obeying His commands and filled with His Spirit.
- Christ-Centered: In Jesus, we find God’s presence to guide us, His grace to forgive us, and His power to change us.
- AcCountable: We spur each other on toward love and good deeds.
- Connected: We meet every week, pray for each other every day and look for ways to obey and follow Jesus together.
- Creating new cgroups: We are all committed to starting new cgroups for unconnected friends.
- Consistent: We consistently follow this guide because it is based on God’s word and the guide works!
Connect Through Sharing – about 20 Min.
Let each person choose and answer one Confession question and one Celebration question from below. (Please be concise so that everyone has time to share.)
Celebration Questions (Choose One)
- How have you seen God at work in your life?
- What has God done that you want to praise and thank Him for?
- When did God give you victory over a temptation?
- When were you obedient to God, and how did it turn out?
Confession Questions (Choose One)
- What has been your greatest challenge recently?
- How have you fallen short this week, whether you meant to or not?
- What doubts or questions do you have?
- Is there something you need to share even though you would rather not?
Caring for Unconnected Friends – about 5 Min.
- Let everyone name their unconnected friends and then one person can pray for them all.
- Unconnected friends may be friends who are not yet Christians or Christian friends who are not yet in a cgroup.
- Who feels led to share the gospel with an unconnected friend?
- See Sharing the Gospel on the home page of the Christ United app.
- Does anyone have someone you would like to invite to the group?
- Have no more than four in a group. If you have four and God puts someone on your heart, He may be leading you to start a new cgroup.
- Who is feeling led to begin a new cgroup for your unconnected friends?
- How can we help you get started?
Connect Through Scripture – about 20 Min
(For the sermon based guide visit Christ United Mobile App or christislove.org. The scripture based guide is provided below.)
Someone pray for understanding before reading the following verses.
Someone read the verses below.
In this week’s message we learned to believe in God’s process. Most of time God only reveals the process one step at a time which can be difficult for us, because we want to see the entire plan. And if we’re honest, if we knew all the steps God wanted us to take we probably wouldn’t take step one. We need to believe in God’s process, regardless of our circumstances. Someone pray as we dive into God’s Word.
22 And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23 I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me.
24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
Someone pray for God to bless and guide your discussion.
Believe the Process:
- Spirit’s Prompting (vs 22)
- Certain Uncertainty (vs 22)
- Predictable Resistance (vs 23)
- Uncommon Confidence (vs 24)
- Describe what it means to you, right now, to be compelled by the Spirit? (No wrong answers)
- Talk about a time when you were prompted by the Spirit of God to do something. How’d you know it was the Holy Spirit? What did you do?
- Why is it difficult to believe in God’s process when there is an element of not knowing what will happen?
- What decision do you need to make right now that will require significant faith?
- How can you glorify God in your daily tasks with an uncommon confidence?
- Who have you put off sharing the Gospel with that you feel God is leading you to?
Commitment to Life Change – about 5 Min.
Based on what God has shown me today, what am I going to start, stop or continue doing this week?
Consider committing to a Daily Bible Reading Plan
- see Daily Reading in the Christ United app, youversion.com or biblegateway.com
AcCountability and Connection – about 5 Min.
How are we going to connect this week to help each other live out our commitments to follow Christ?
- Consider ideas like daily phone calls for accountability, attending worship together, joining a ministry or Bible study together, doing an outreach project together or planning a missions trip together.
Who missed this cgroup meeting? Who is going to reach out and let them know that they were missed?