Christ Followers Following Christ Together
(2 to 6 people learning to love and live like Jesus together)
connecting with God
Someone pray for God to be with you and guide you through the meeting.
confirming the cgroup values – about 3 Min.
Take turns reading through the cgroup values.
Committed: We are committed to loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving each other like He loves us.
Confidential: We value and trust each other, and what is shared in the group stays in the group.
Changing: We are growing to be more like Jesus, obeying His commands and filled with His Spirit.
Christ-Centered: In Jesus, we find God’s presence to guide us, His grace to forgive us, and His power to change us.
AcCountable: We encourage and equip each other to love and live like Jesus.
Connected: We meet every week, pray for each other every day and look for ways to obey and follow Jesus together.
Capable: By His Holy Spirit, God gives us the love and power we need to obey and follow Jesus.
Commissioned: We are all commissioned by Jesus to make disciples, so we are all committed to starting new cgroups for unconnected friends.
Consistent: We consistently follow this guide because it is based on God’s word and it helps equip each member to lead cgroups and to make disciples.
connect through scripture – about 20 Min.
(For the sermon based guide visit Christ United Mobile App or christislove.org. The scripture based guide is provided below.)
• Someone pray before reading the passage asking God to speak through His word.
• Someone read a short segment of scripture that includes enough context to be clear. (Some groups choose to work through a book of the Bible focusing on one chapter or segment each week. Other cgroups choose to follow a daily Bible reading plan together and discuss one of the daily readings during cgroup time. Our reading plan is available at christislove.org/daily-devotions.)
• Someone pray after the reading and before the discussion asking God to guide the discussion.
• Share insights and questions regarding the passage, or use questions from below:
– What does this passage teach us about God?
– What does this passage teach us about people?
– What does this passage teach us about the relationship between God and people?
caring for unconnected friends (P.A.L.S.) – about 5 Min.
(Visit christislove.org/PALS for teaching on P.A.L.S.)
Each member answer one or more of the following questions:
• PRAY: We pray because we love them. Who would you like the group to join you in praying for this week?
• ASK: We ask questions because we care. What question do you need to ask an unconnected friend to show that you care?
• LISTEN: We listen to understand them. How have you grown in you’re love for an unconnected friend as you have listened to them and the Holy Spirit this week?
• SHARE: We share what Jesus has done in our lives and what He can do in theirs. Who do you need to share with or invite to the group or start a new group for?
connect through sharing – about 20 Min.
Let each person choose and answer one Confession Question and one Celebration Question. (Please be concise so everyone has time to share.)
Share your confessions
• What has been your greatest challenge or temptation recently?
• What intentional or unintentional sins do you need to confess?
• What doubts or questions do you have?
• Is there something you need to share even though you would rather not?
Share your celebrations
• What has God done that you want to praise and thank Him for?
• When did God give you victory over a temptation?
• When were you obedient to God, and how did it turn out?
• How have you seen God at work in your life?
commitment to life change – about 5 Min.
• Based on what God has shown me today, what am I going to start, stop or continue doing this week?
• Consider committing to a Daily Bible Reading Plan (see Daily Readings in the Christ United app or christislove.org/daily-devotions)
accountability and connection – about 5 Min.
• How are we going to connect to encourage each other during the week?
• When are we going to connect for worship and the word this week?
• When are we connecting to serve together this month?
• When are we connecting again for fun and fellowship?
• Who missed this cgroup meeting? Who is going to reach out to them?