Creating Christ Followers
Checking in – about 2 Min.
Take a family selfie during C-group time and send it to (843)254-1593 and post it on your social media #familycgrouptime OR text the number above your child’s name. Everyone that sends a picture or a text will get a T BONE BUCK on Sunday mornings.
Confirming Cgroup values – about 3 Min.
One family member prays asking God to help guide you and then take turns reading through the cgroup FAMILY values.
We are …
- Committed: We are committed to loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving each other like He loves us.
- Changing: We are growing to be more like Jesus, obeying His commands and filled with His Spirit.
- Connected: We meet every week, pray for each other every day and look for ways to obey and follow Jesus together.
Connect Through Scripture – about 20 Min.
Someone pray before reading the passage asking God to speak through His word.
Today at the Big House we learned that in the year 2020 we are going to be learning how to LOVE and FOLLOW Jesus. One way we can do that is by writing God’s word on our hearts. We are challenging all our children to memorize one verse a week. Our bible verse was Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Our Bible story was about Gideon. You can read about Gideon in Judges 6 and 7.
Someone pray after the reading and before the discussion asking God to guide the discussion.
- Explain what the bible verse means?
- When is at time that you have been afraid or discouraged?
- How does it help knowing that God is always with you?
- In our bible story, what did God ask Gideon to do? Do you think Gideon was afraid?
- How was God with Gideon?
Caring for Unconnected Friends – about 5 Min.
- Let everyone name their unconnected friends and then one person can pray for them all.
- Unconnected friends may be friends who are not yet Christians or Christian friends who are not actively engaged in growing as a disciple.
- Who feels led to share the gospel with an unconnected friend?
- See Sharing the Gospel on the home page of the Christ United app.
Connect Through Sharing – about 20 Min.
- Go around and have each family member share the answer to each of the following 3 questions.
- How has it been hard to live like Jesus this week?
- Did I make a bad choice this week that I need to share with the family?
- What has God done that you want to praise and thank Him for?
Commitment to Life Change – about 5 Min.
Based on what God has shown me today, what am I going to start, stop or continue doing this week?
AcCountability and Connection – about 5 Min.
How are we going to connect this week to help each other live out our commitments to follow Christ?
AcCountability for parents (parents ask your children) – about 5 Min.
- When have set a good example for you of living like Jesus?
- When have I failed to set a good example for you of living like Jesus?
AcCountability for children (children ask your parents) – about 5 Min.
- When have I shown honor and respect to you?
- When have I failed to show honor and respect to you? How could I do better?