Creating Christ Followers
Checking in – about 2 Min.
Take a family selfie during C-group time and send it to (843)254-1593 and post it on your social media #familycgrouptime OR text the number above your child’s name. Everyone that sends a picture or a text will get a T BONE BUCK on Sunday mornings.
Confirming Cgroup values – about 3 Min.
One family member prays asking God to help guide you and then take turns reading through the cgroup FAMILY values.
We are …
- Committed: We are committed to loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving each other like He loves us.
- Changing: We are growing to be more like Jesus, obeying His commands and filled with His Spirit.
- Connected: We meet every week, pray for each other every day and look for ways to obey and follow Jesus together.
Connect Through Scripture – about 20 Min.
Someone pray before reading the passage asking God to speak through His word.
Today we learned that God’s people waited 700 for Jesus to be born. Our bible verse was Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign; The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”
Today our bible story was about God fulfilling that promise 700 years later through Jesus being born.
Matthew 1:18-23 “18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about[d]: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet[e] did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. 20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[f] because he will save his people from their sins.” 22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”[g] (which means “God with us”).
Someone pray after the reading and before the discussion asking God to guide the discussion.
- What is something that you have had to wait for?
- Christmas is an exciting time and there are lots of holiday traditions that we can all get busy with. This Christmas season we need to remember WHY we celebrate Christmas. Why do we celebrate Christmas?
- How can we show Jesus that we are thankful for Him coming to this earth?
Caring for Unconnected Friends – about 5 Min.
- Let everyone name their unconnected friends and then one person can pray for them all.
- Unconnected friends may be friends who are not yet Christians or Christian friends who are not actively engaged in growing as a disciple.
- Who feels led to share the gospel with an unconnected friend?
- See Sharing the Gospel on the home page of the Christ United app.
Connect Through Sharing – about 20 Min.
- Go around and have each family member share the answer to each of the following 3 questions.
- How has it been hard to live like Jesus this week?
- Did I make a bad choice this week that I need to share with the family?
- What has God done that you want to praise and thank Him for?
Commitment to Life Change – about 5 Min.
Based on what God has shown me today, what am I going to start, stop or continue doing this week?
AcCountability and Connection – about 5 Min.
How are we going to connect this week to help each other live out our commitments to follow Christ?
AcCountability for parents (parents ask your children) – about 5 Min.
- When have set a good example for you of living like Jesus?
- When have I failed to set a good example for you of living like Jesus?
AcCountability for children (children ask your parents) – about 5 Min.
- When have I shown honor and respect to you?
- When have I failed to show honor and respect to you? How could I do better?